Wednesday, March 23, 2005

A Mesmerizing Encounter

Last night, Nature was breathing heavily, gasping for air when a spear cut through the rock, under a shroud of heavy smoke.
Cries of agony reverberated in the wilderness; their never-ending echo still haunts the bed of every mortal. Slugs swirled around a hole before going deep into it to feed on a corpse.

Meanwhile, a hand found its way through bars of steel trying to catch a glimpse of light; a sign of the long awaited Freedom.
Silhouettes of a marching crowd paved the road leading to the forest. The sound of their footsteps breathed back life into the dying seeds.

I watched it all last night. I watched it unfold in front of my eyes, as I opened my window to welcome the early spring breeze.

© Maldoror37 - 2005

5 Comments:

Blogger Delirious said...

hey there again and again! :)
I'm glad u were able to witness such a surrealistic scene from your window... But beware of big bad bombs coming your way, and don't stand too close! :P
No I'm just kidding...trying a bit of humour noir in this lousy situation :(
Anyways, cheers for your extremely interesting blog, and keep those wonderful posts coming our way! Muah!

9:59 PM  
Blogger Fouad said...

Beautiful.. You seem to have Baudelairian drift. Except that your room has a window that welcomes the early spring breeze..

7:04 PM  
Blogger Fouad said...

Thanks for writing back Maldoror.
The pope was a great man throughout his life, and his death saddened me tremendously. His death is but a reminder that even the greatest die, and the memory of what they have said and done is to be held on to dearly, because it is all that remains.
As for the love of my life, your comment was very insightful. I wrote that text at a time of turmoil and uncertainty. She eventually read it and was not very pleased that it was for the whole world and not hers to read. She knows she is the love of my life. I am still finding out if I truly am to her what she claims I am, the love of her life as well.
I think I have said more than I should have... Keep stopping by. I would love to get your feedback.

7:45 AM  
Blogger Fouad said...

Oh and by the way, to me, Beethoven is the greatest composer of all. His humanity, passion and melodic genius are beyond what anyone can put in words.

7:50 AM  
Blogger Maldoror said...

Miss Delirious,
Thank you for yourlovely comment! Keep them coming my way, too :) I looked for your blog but the page couldn't be found. Is there any problem with it?

1:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home